Run a Book Drive
What if you could change the world with a book? What if you could improve lives with a used text book? Would you?
ProjectEDUCATE drives are run in partnership with our educational partners at Books For Africa and Better World Books. Through the Better World Books Book Drives for Better Lives Program, they have created a free, easy, and fun service project and fundraiser for students and organizations at the college level.
To learn more about the program, visit Book Drives for Better Lives. If you would like to get started, send us an email or send email directly to Better World Books and mention 'ProjectEDUCATE' in the subject line.
Please note all ProjectEDUCATE drives pre-screen books prior to shipping, so please allocate time after collection to screen the books you collect. Scanners will be provided to you and must be returned after the drive. Thank you to everybody who continues to support us by running drives. If you are considering running a drive, we look forward to hearing from you and encourage you to send us an email and explore the possibilities. It is a rewarding experience.
Don't just wait on the world to change, BE THE CHANGE, LEAD THE DRIVE!
Book Drive Frequently Asked Questions
How hard is it to run a book drive?
Easy! The process is very simple and we provide you with all the materials you need to run a successful drive. We even pay for shipping. All you have to do is collect and pack the books.
What if I have never run a book drive?
No worries — we will provide your group with everything you need including:
- Full staff support and guidance throughout the semester
- All promotional and advertising materials, collection boxes, shipping cartons & tape
- All shipping costs. Once packed, UPS will pickup right from your campus
What does the process involve?
Once you have determined you would like to run a drive:
- Send us an email stating your interest
- We will then order your supplies for you and your group
- Hold a planning session and go over the steps and assign tasks
- Advertise the drive. Get as many groups and individuals involved including your bookstore and professors
- Check on the boxes and pack the books as they come in
- Call UPS — They will come and pick them up right from where you are and you are done!
Who benefits from the drive?
- Books for Africa
- Colleges and universities across Africa
- Your group is eligible for the Book Drive Scholarship
- The environment
Will I incur any costs?
No. There is absolutely no cost to you. We provide you with all the materials you need to run a successful drive and pay for all shipping costs.
Will I/we be competing with the bookstore?
No. As a matter of fact, it is a good idea to partner with the bookstore. This way they can donate all the books they do not buy back during buy back days.